The 7th GBC Meeting was held from 28th-30th June 2012 in Thessaloniki, 100 years after this city had become a part of the Greek state. On this occasion, multicultural heritage and politics of inclusion were chosen as main topics.
In the first two days, the conference „Thessaloniki 2012 – towards a Green, Open and Inclusive city“ took place in the Town Hall of Thessaloniki, jointly organized by the GBC Network, the (newly opened) Greek office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation, the Greek „Green Institute“, the Ecologist Greens of Greece and the local Green group „Active Citizens – Ecology in Action“.
On the third day, the GBC meeting was held as a seminar with exchange of experiences and good practices, particularly for – and with – Greek Green local and regional councillors. Nearly two thirds of them participated. Altogether, Greens from 10 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland) were present.
Here is a short PHOTO DOCUMENTATION:
The Greek „Green Institute“ has a documentation of the conference as well:
as well as of the seminar:
Downloads of the Presentations
- Programme Conference “Thessaloniki 2012 – Towards a green, Open and Inclusive City”, June 28th-29th, 2012
- Presentation “Local governments hold the keys to equality” (Paul Lappalainnen, Europ. Coal. O. Cities Against Racism, Stockholm)
- Presentation “Multicultural heritage and politics of inclusion in Vienna” (Gerhard Jordan)
- Presentation “Multicultural heritage and politics of inclusion in Budapest” (Agnes Somfai)
- Handout “Multicultural heritage and politics of inclusion in Sarajevo” (Lejla Somun-Krupalija)
- Presentation “Green Greek Cities” (Labros Bouklis)
- Presentation “Pathways to a Sustainable City – Barcelona” (Mar Garcia)
- Presentation “Pathways to a Sustainable City – Helsinki” (Outi Silfverberg)
- Programme Seminar “Shaping green policies in local governments, experiences and good practices”, June 30th, 2012
- Overview on Green Local Councillors networking in Europe (MonikaVana, EGP Commitee)
- Presentation “Green Local Councillors in Greece” (Costas Papakonstantinou)
- Presentation “The first two years of a Green local councillor in a regional capital” (Lefteris Ioannidis, Kozani / Greece
- Presentation “The Green European Foundation and Greens in Big Cities (Dirk Holemans, Belgium)
- Presentation “Politics of Inclusion in Switzerland” (Yahya Hassan Bajwa, Baden / Aargau)